DEPARTMENT OF SWASTHVRITTA
A real strength of Ayurveda is preventive measures and maintaining good health which is included in subject Swasthavritta. So this subject is very important in faculty of Ayurveda.
According to CCIM, Swasthavritta syllabus also contains preventive measures of Modern science, Yogshastra and Naturopathy. The content of subject is very useful to create such students, who are able to bring about welfare of the society with the help of science of Ayurveda along with Yogshastra and Naturopathy. Department of Swasthavritta is established Department of SSAM.
- At the end of the course the students shall be able to explain the concept of health; they should advice an appropriate healthy regimen to patients. They should discriminate various food articles and its usefulness as a diet consultant to the community.
- While serving the community they should identify various conditions that can lead to the spread of communicable diseases and non - communicable diseases and its preventive measures according to Ayurveda and modern medicine with the help of Yoga therapy and Naturopathy. They should understand the principles and components of primary health care and the national health policies to achieve the goal of “Health for All”.
Department of Swasthavritta is having its own library containing various texts and reference books of Ayurveda, Modern science, Yogashastra and Nisargopchar.
- Teaching aids
CDs of pranayama, aasan, shatkarma, Audio visual aids for Ppt. presentations of various syllabus topics are available in the department as teaching aids.
- Museum & Yoga Hall
Department possesses its own museum with all required charts, models and specimens. A separate Yoga Hall in SGAK with an adequate space for Yogasana and all relevant charts related to Yoga is also available.
- Awareness programme - Lectures about ‘Health Education’ are conducted by the departmental teachers for school students of Sane Guruji Vidyalaya and Dhadgaon village school.
- N.S.S. activity - Departmental teachers & students participate in various NSS camps.
- Community health work - Teachers of the department actively participate in community health programmes like health survey, school health check up organized by Pune Municipal Corporation, also, rallies for awareness about tuberculosis & various other diseases and conditions like Pulse Polio Programme, antitobacco day and anti smoking day etc. in community, Swine flu vaccination programme.
- Participated in Swasrnaprashan Shibir organized by our institute.
- For up gradation of knowledge, teachers of the department participate in various RoTP, seminars, CME, etc.
- For modification and up gradation of syllabus department of Swasthavritta organized ‘Swasthavritta teachers workshop’ in 2006.
- Teachers of Swasthavritta contributed their efforts in ‘World Ayurveda Congress 2006’ and ‘Update on Ayurveda and Unani 2009.
- Swasthya Rakshana OPD & Obesity Clinic is conducted by Swasthavritta department in Sane Guruji hospital.
- Consultation about the diet, Yoga, Naturopathy is done.
- Arranged National Seminar on Life Style Disorders – SWASTHYAM 2018 in April 2018.
- Visitations - To gain more knowledge about some part of our syllabus, we organize various visits like leprosy sanitarium, milk dairy, water purification plant, sewage treatment plant, primary health centre, MCH centre, etc. In addition to that, we arrange guest lecture for students.
Departmental teachers have delivered their efforts on various topics useful regarding the Swine flue prevention through Ayurvedic Dhoompana Regimen (i. e. Medicated inhalation by means of Herbal products). (i. e. Medicated inhalation by means of Herbal products).
|Name Of The Staff
||CCIM Teachers Code
|Dr. Ujwale Ramesh Sadhuram
||MD (Ayu.), Swasthavritta & Yoga
| Dr. Joshi Nitesh Ragunath
||MD (Ayu), Swasthavritta
|Dr. Gangawane Roma Suresh
||MD (Ayu.) Swasthavritta
|Dr. Babar Shravani Ramchandra
||MD (Ayu), Swasthavritta & Yoga